Whole room need replastering?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I've pulled out some built in wardrobes and it turns out the previous owner had the room replastered around them so now I'm left with a bit of a mess.

Do you think I need someone to be the plaster off the walls and ceiling and redo it all or can they just plaster the two rectangles where the wardrobe was?

Many thanks,

Sponsored Links
They could just plaster the rectangles. The problem is getting a "tradesman" to do a job like that. Unless they can make £20000 on a job they just are not interested. I wanted 3 walls plastering in my spare bedroom. out of five "tradesmen" that I asked to do the job four did not even have the courtesy to reply and the other one came, had a look, said he would send me an estimate and that was the last I heard of him.

I reckon you could get a decent decorator to fill and feather that out - got to be cheaper than a plasterer.

Sponsored Links
It's an easy job but there will be a lip there where the plaster butted up to the wardrobe which will need hacking back till its flat so make sure who ever does it does that or you will end up with a bad job

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back