bath filler/popup what make/model is it?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I have a customer who has managed to lose the chrome knob off her bath, it has been totally tiled in so changing the whole thing would be difficult. The bath is a phoenix as you can see but the filler could be any make. Does any one recognise the backplate so that I can get a match for this unit. Many thanks. Keith.

Sponsored Links
Charge her to cut a new access panel in the tiles then fit a new overflow.

Make sure you tell her to call out a tiler afterwards to make good.

Andy

I can't tell you what make it is but I do know I bought a similar style from Homebase.

And a cautionary tale:-

My holiday guest managed to get the knob off the spindle and then proceeded to 'press' the spindle to try and pop the plug. As you can imagine this resulted in the spindle disappearing between the bath and the wall and a gaping hole being left in the side of the bath.

Then imagine two lively kids enjoying a jacuzzi bath in said bath. Water everywhere including out through the 'hole' in the side of the bath and spreading right across the bathroom floor, under the carpet in the adjacent bedroom and under the laminate floor in the hallway.

Next came a call from the flat below....the lights have fused! When investigated I found a light fitting full of water ...well at least the electrics did their job in protecting everybody!

Our esteemed guests then proceeded to do it all again the next day!!!

Some people have no sense. (Actually an NHS manager!)

As I'm going to have to pull the bath forward to fix it I intend to fit a fixed separate overflow in the current overflow position and move the pop-up knob to the opposite panel side of the bath where I can at least fix it when the next numpty manages to pull off the knob!

Sponsored Links
Sorry, don't recognise it. As it isn't just an overflow even with access from the side, if that was possible, it will be difficult to change as it will also be piped up.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back