Viega Multiplex Trio Bath filler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I have a Viega Multiplex Trio bath filler/overflow/waste that I am trying to fit but it only has one water inlet. I therefore need to somehow take the water from my bath side valves (not yet fitted) and mix it before it enters the trio unit.

If I do this though will the back pressure of cold water be too much for my combi boiler? (glowworm flexicom 30cx)

The only way I could think of mixing the two (hot/cold) would be to fit a t piece prior to the trio unit - is this correct, or should I be looking at pressure reducing valves or even binning the whole idea and going for normal taps etc.

I do not want the bath to take too long to fill either, so I may have to just rething?

Any views please before the steel bath gets drilled today for filler valves?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
if it is an avaerage size bath expect it to take between 10 and 15 minutes to fill off your boiler.

You inlet is designed to be used with a mixer valve, so if you have a separate hot and cold valve, then yes a Tee peice will do. As you are running off a combi you should have equal pressures.

Great, that does help a lot. Thank you. It is all very confusing this lot - minimum working pressures, etc!

The bath is actually quite large and one of my concerns was that the flow rate would be reduced so much by installing this trio filler that it may just not be worth it after all the hassle and delays we have encountered as a result (we were planning to have vealves in the wall but it is too thin!)

Unfortunatley Viega, who make the filler have no technical spec on it, so I don't even know how much back pressure it creates as a result - I am sure though that normal taps would flow more freely?

Thanks again,

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back