Bath mold under tile edge along bath edge

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dear experts,

I have tiling along the bath edge, there is a wall that runs along the full length of bath and also across the top end of the bath too. The problem is the silicon keeps getting mouldy. I have removed and replaced from scratch 3 times now. All the way from scratch. This solution lasts about 6-9 months before the mould comes back.

What I notice is that there is mould in the tiny little gap between the edge of the bath and the bottom of the tile. This gap is so small that a stanley blade will not fit in there.

My question is there anyway to stop this mould from spreading from back here through the new silicon. Or would the only way to be remove the tiles to clean the source?

Many thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
The problem is lack of ventilation. Nothing should be left on the bath edge to prevent air movement [bottles, sponges etc] and the room need a fan asisted air movement.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back