Bath Overflow Fitting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Everyone, hopefully an easy one, I have come to fit my new bath overflow but unsure what way it should be fitted, i dont think I need the foam bit but my brother seems to think I do, it seems strange that the metal fitting on the inside does not have some king of rubber seal on the inside of the bath, I have attached a picture to show what I have got. Should I use some silicone on the rubber seal?

Any help would be appreciated it.

David

Attachments

• 2016-01-01 11.28.31.jpg
    2016-01-01 11.28.31.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 165
Sponsored Links
The foam seal goes between the chrome grating and the bath. Usually just the rubber washer below (bit of spit on it helps it to slip in to the contours of rough f.glass) but if this fails then a bit of silicone may be required.
When done, run water down. no leaks, then fill bath part way, pull plug, no leaks, fill bath to overflow, let some run down overflow. Pull plug, still no leaks, replace bath panel.
A waste that holds running water OK may not hold increased pressure when bath filled to top(overflow) so that is why you test this way.

Do everything but silicone it in , the silicone will sprawl out and once set its more that hair and stuff can catch on causing a blockage

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back