Bath overflow leaking like Niagara

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Well, as you’ll all realise by now, my knowledge of plumbing hasn’t quite reached the professional stage yet.

However, I’ve formed a tentative hypothesis as to why the bath overflow is leaking :mad:

Having reconnected it and filled the bath up, it’s still leaking a bit behind the big knob which opens the waste. OK, it’s 25 years old, and I don’t want to replace the whole bath as I rarely use it (but I want it to be usable occasionally, when I come in from a long walk in the freezing rain), so I’ll put a new overflow/waste in.

Anybody used VIVA stuff like this? Seems very cheap… and am I right to assume these things are all going to be a standard fitting (please)?

20190912_115729.jpg

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
The seals that you need when fitting the waste/ overflow ,come with them. Sometimes silicone sealant is better than the washer supplied for sealing between the bath and the waste fitting( on the top of the bath ,not underneath)

Anybody have any idea how to get the old one off? I've wrenched at it in every way imaginable, but I have a tendency to break things... am I missing a small nut or fastener or something? I've shone a torch everywhere, but can see nothing :confused:

20190914_104111.jpg

20190914_104130.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back