Bath panel

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just about on the final leg of bathroom install and will be fitting the plastic panel to bath soon (B&Q Suite)

I cant seem to get my head round how the clips will work and hold the panel in place. They have two holes in and appear to be from a spring steel with a roll formed section in the centre.

The instructions are a waste of time only showing the positions of the clips but not actual how they will retain the panel.

Any help appreciated.

Sponsored Links
I hate those clips,I normally throw them away and find another solution

And yes the instructions are pants,they make no sense at all,been there.

Not much help but at least you know you are not alone :)

Usually you screw one set of clips to the wood under the lip of the bath with the cup/roll shape facing upwards so the plastic rim of the panel will wedge between the wood and the metal clip. And do the bottom clips the other way around so the other plastic rim slots between the metal clip and the floor, holding the panel in place. Prefer the wooden panels myself, lot stronger and no movement, but you do have to build a wooden frame to secure it to. :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Thanks for all who came back to me.

At least I know how the clips are supposed!! to work.

Think I will have to form a small wood support and screw to the the wall each side and use the metal support legs to screw the whole thing to with screws/plastic caps.

The panel has to be cut (dread!!) done one years ago and it was fun!!!

Any ideas on what to cut with??

OK, Thanks Nige F.

I have a frame saw, thats to a saw which holds a hacksaw blade protruding outwards from the frame and can ba adjusted back or forth.

I'll give this a go.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back