Bath putty use in plumbing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Idealform acrylic bath fitting instructions I have says :"Warning Do not fix hand grips in any oil based bedding compound or putty .These materials contain solvents which will damage the hand grips irreparably" the hand grips are metal anyway which are with the halo bath and I was not thinking of using putty on hand grip assembly but are they talking rubbish. I thought putty was OK to use on any plumbing installations ?

Sponsored Links
plumber mait etc is oil based and can cause damage on certain items.

if the mi say don't use then don't use.

Yes I wont use putty around any of the hand grips, but will putty be OK for bath waste connections etc or should you use something else?

Yes I wont use putty around any of the hand grips, but will putty be OK for bath waste connections etc or should you use something else?

If the supplied rubber washers worry you, I tend to find sanitary sealant does the trick (I use the no-nonsense stuff from screwfix, no leaks yet)

Sponsored Links
dont bother using plumber mait its shyte :(
a tube of clear silicone is the way to go ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back