Bath recommendations please....

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys

Onto the next task choosing a bath. We're looking to tile it instead of panel (unless anyone can suggest a reason not to) Im guessing any bath allows this?

Ideally it will be a double ended around 1700 x 700 but again suggestions from people with experience and have gone through the mill choosing is appreciated. Price wise I cant really justify more than £250 unless again someone can enlighten me as to why.

A big ask but any help is appreciated as always..!!

Thanks

Sponsored Links

Or if you want the better quality version (which is the one I'd choose)

I fitted a 1700 x 800 Carronite Quantum recently on recommendation from a mate who runs a kitchen/bathroom business.

Paid a bit more than your budget for it but my view is that barring major problems it's going to be there for maybe 15-20 years or possibly longer (and I have no plans to move on from this house) so it was worth spending the extra for the carronite reinforced version.

Its funny you would think a "baths a bath" and I think these days there is faaaaar tooo much choice with everything (which makes it difficult).

Thanks for the suggestions though guys I'll have a look :)

Sponsored Links
I fitted a 1700 x 800 Carronite Quantum recently on recommendation from a mate who runs a kitchen/bathroom business.

Paid a bit more than your budget for it but my view is that barring major problems it's going to be there for maybe 15-20 years or possibly longer (and I have no plans to move on from this house) so it was worth spending the extra for the carronite reinforced version.
We've also just had a Carronite Quantum fitted. Seems to be very sturdy, which was my main concern when going to a plastic bath. (Old one was cast iron).

We've also just had a Carronite Quantum fitted. Seems to be very sturdy, which was my main concern when going to a plastic bath. (Old one was cast iron).

I'm well pleased with mine - about as enthusiastic as you can be about a bath. Glad I went for the 800 wide - I don't have an actual bath very often rather than a shower but when I do, the extra shoulder width is well appreciated.

I'm well pleased with mine - about as enthusiastic as you can be about a bath. Glad I went for the 800 wide - I don't have an actual bath very often rather than a shower but when I do, the extra shoulder width is well appreciated.
Yeah we went for the 800 wide too as we use it as a shower bath. Originally we planned to get a L shaped bath, but they only seemed to go to 750 wide so this has more standing space anyway!

Hi guys

Onto the next task choosing a bath. We're looking to tile it instead of panel (unless anyone can suggest a reason not to) Im guessing any bath allows this?
If you tile it, make sure it's done so it can be removed for maintenance. You''ll need to get at the outlet trap to clean it at some point.

If you tile it, make sure it's done so it can be removed for maintenance. You''ll need to get at the outlet trap to clean it at some point.
Are there any secrets to tiling the bath in but also making it accessible?

You see it tiled (and I think it looks better than these plastic panels) but surely they have some method to get in? Saying that we will have a bit of a small stud wall extended off the old wall as the wall taken away left just shy of 700mm and extending it slightly gives us more choice of bath type without it looking strange.

Attachments

• Image.jpg
    Image.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 42
Are there any secrets to tiling the bath in but also making it accessible?
I don't know, maybe the tiles could be stuck to a board (or 2) with the boards screwed to the bath frame. Mine's like that without the tiles, just timber, like the Scandi style that was popular in the 1980s! But the screws would have to be accessible. Needs a bit of thought.

I just meant if you leave it to an installer he may well not give any thought to the need for future access.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back