HELP PLEASE – Kaldewei steel bath fitting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am in the process of fitting a new steel bath. I work sometimes with a plumber so am familiar with the process. The bath is a kaldewei form plus standard bath 1700 x 700. I have fitted the legs but there is no allowance for securing these to the floor or clamps for the walls. Having searched the net there appears to be a set of clamps available at £70.00 odd quid (no thanks). Having also researched the process on a few sites many do not appear to require a solid fixing at all. Do I need to fix solid or can it just sit unaided

Any ideas/comments would be appreciated :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Carp baths.Only way round your problem is to construct a wooden frame which will also help with the panel when you come round to fitting that.

You could also fit a timber batten along the wall side of the bath and along one of the sides or even both depending on how the bath is postitioned then sit the bath on top of the batten(s).Battens under the rim obviously.

Once the tiles come down to the bath and you silicone it it should be fairly secure.

Some people just fit the bath and silicone it to the wall then the tiles will help to hold it in place.

Just tracked a tel no for Kaldewei (0208 3371441), called them and they are sending a <b>FREE</b> pair of bath clamps – makes a nice change in this day and age ... well done Kaldewei! rock on the Germans

thanks tonybhoy, was going to make a frame anyway, was just worried about securing firmly. Also what is a Carp bath? mine isn’t fish shaped well maybe a sea slug!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back