Bath Screen Help Required

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I'm moving into a house that has been recently renovated, but the bathroom is arranged in such a way that there is a window where you would normally look to secure the bath screen (see below).

I don't really want a shower curtain and I don't want to start bricking the window up or anything drastic like that. I've looked at 'P' shaped screens, but not sure if they would be suitable. Any suggestions?

upload_2016-9-19_21-36-21.png

Sponsored Links
You'll need a panel at the end of the bath, and then a standard panel coming away from the window, more then likely supported by a bar up the window opening. It may be that you need to go to a glass supplier, and get safety glass for the end panel.

Well that was well planned by the renovator wasn't it. Obviously didn't have a shower in mind for that set up. P shaped screens are for a P shaped bath, wouldn't work on a standard bath. There's another renovator that hasn't left access to under the bath either.

Nothing you do here, as far as a glass screen is concerned is going to look good if it's over the window I'm afraid to say.

Short of moving the bath then a curtain may be the only option.

Hi,

Thanks both for your responses, this is what I feared unfortunately.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
If you decide to use a shower curtain, then get an L shaped one with a ceiling support.

After more research, I'm considering buying a double hinging screen (below), but may need to cut down the length of glass that connects to the wall.

The first screen would then be mounted on the wall next to the window, pointing outwards towards the edge of the bath, with the second screen then running straight along the side of the bath.

Think this could potentially work; although not ideal, it's perhaps my best option.

upload_2016-9-20_23-1-12.png

Not a bad idea, but you'll have a hole in the corner of the screen that will need sealing, and you may not be able to do that very neatly.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back