Bath sealant gap limit?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
For some reason the gap between the long bath edge and the tiles above is nearly a centimetre. It had split because presumably the bath wasn't filled before originally applying. The seal at the head of the bath behind the taps is still intact but then that wouldn't flex as much.

I was wondering whether to pack the gap before unloading huge quantities of sealant into it. It will require careful application as it will simply disappear down the side, into the darkness.

There used to be L shaped adhesive strips available to cover the gap, although I never trusted them. Is there a modern equivalent?

Can anyone suggest an alternative method, or a way of preparing the gap for the sealant?

Advice much appreciated.

Regards - braniff

Sponsored Links
Thanks dilalio, I was thinking along those lines but have decided I'm going to have a plumber pull the sides off, check the support structure and do it as properly as is possible, bearing in mind its been bodged in the past.

Many thanks - braniff

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back