Bath / shower mixer flow probelm..

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

A friend of mine has a bath / mixer tap, the sort where the shower hose sits on a built in cradle and you switch between bath or shower by moving a lever. Problem is that the hot flow out of the shower head is barely more than a trickle and has apparently got worse over time which. I took the cradle bit off to see inside but apart from observing that a bit inside moves when you operate the lever didn't really achieve anything.
Is this likely to be a water pressure issue or a problem with the lever mechanism? I don't want to suggest buying a new tap only to find no difference.

Many thanks,

David.

Sponsored Links
Unless the shower hose is blocked, it's a problem with the mechanism.

If the tap is a well known make then you can get a kit of "diverter valve" parts from the manufacturer.

Thanks Softus,

The hose and head are perfectly clear. Interested to know that you can get a diverter valve kit, mind you I have no idea of the manufacturer.

David.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back