bath/shower mixer on existing bath

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We've recently had a new bath installed and fool that I am, I insisted on the existing push on shower mixer, being left and connected to the new taps.

Well.... bath is in and is fine, shower not so. New taps are too low/wide/not far enough apart, to take the push on mixer properly. Result is not enough pressure and water leaking from connectors, so shower doesn't work properly. Plumber has tried to remedy situation by putting hose clips over connectors, to keep them on when taps turned on full [the hot water is from an overbath gas water heater].

This *still* isn't working sufficiently and I've reluctantly decided that the only option, is to have a plumbed in bath/shower mixer unit. The question is, will it be difficult to install on an already fitted bath and how much is the labour likely to cost me?

Any help gratefully received.

Sponsored Links
cost: get several qoutes,

a separte shower has nothing to do with the bath (other than shower runs into it (well ours does)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back