Bath size

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Im about to change my bath. Checked the size and the current bath is 1680 ish installed in a very small bathroom (1690 x 1500!). Phoned up a bathroom place and they said I could buy a 1700mm and cut it down. Now I have never heard of this and am very doubtful. If I cut the bath by 15mm it will lose lots of strength at one end so that cant be safe?

I have had a search and cant find anyone else thats done it but the seller claims I could. Reckons I should speak to a plumber as they will have done this many times?! Anyone heard of this and can comment?

I think im just going to get a 1700mm bath and knock the plaster back at both ends and maybe a few mm of the wall if necessary.

Sponsored Links
Try not to cut it down at the tap end, as the taps can get quite close to the wall after tiling.

Have seen a bath where you can barely turn the taps as they are so close to the wall.

Sponsored Links
You can buy 1400, 1500, 1675, 1685 and 1700mm baths.

If you cut back the plaster both ends, as leakydave suggests, the taps are hard up against the tiles, also at the other end, your head hits the wall when lying down :(

Look around decent plumb merchants and you will find them.

Look at Trojan Plastics Ltd for information

www.globalbathnetwork.co.uk/trojanplastics.htm

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back