Bath Panels

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

I am having a bit of a nightmare trying to get the right bath panal. My bath is 1700mm long by 540mm high, The end panel is 740mm wide by 540 high. The bath panal that used to be fitted looked rubbish because the end panel was held on by one screw to the side panel. I want a nice finsh but don't know what size panels to get and how to make it look nice, I have seen that you can get corner plinths but not sure if these will work and what size panel I'll need if I get one.

Please anyone HELP!!!!!

Sponsored Links
You could get a couple of panels made to the size you want. 12mm WBP ply would be suitable. Many DIY sheds or timber merchants will cut it to size for you with their big saw. It can be covered with wallpaper, tiles, stuck on carpet, vynil or laminate flooring, stained or painted (but the surface is not very smooth unless you buy marine ply which has a hardwood top layer and is more expensive)

It is quite strong so will not need much of a frame. It will probably wedge up into the lip at the edge of the bath. Battens at the ends and corners will do, with just a few visible screws so it can be taken off for maintenance of the taps or waste.

IMO it looks better if you have a skirting board on it to match the walls.

Or, quick and cheap, screw a batten (25mm x 25mm, say, to the inside edge of the end panel, and screw your side panel to that. If you have not done much woodwork it will be a useful learning experience. Use three screws. If they are going to show, you can get special bathroom screws with a round chrome trim that screws into the head to conceal it. You sometimes see them on mirrors. Otherwise, use chromed Round Head slotted screws.

Sponsored Links
You could even get formica laminate which can be stuck to the wbp. It's always possible to get the panels to be held in place by hidden magnets or bale catches.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back