Bath tap pressure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I've installed a new bath in our house but since then the hot water coming out of it is really slow and goes hot and cold...

The old bath I took out had a reducer on the 22mm making it 18mm. But I didn't put one on when I installed the new bath. If I put a reducer back on the hot water pipe will this increase the pressure coming out the tap again and stop it going got and cold?

Sponsored Links
Could do with more information: I doubt it’d have been 18mm, more like 15mm. Have you used flexi hoses? If yes, you may have unintentionally kinked them?

Sorry you're right, it is 15mm

I've gone 22 into a isolater, 22 out, then a 22 flexi onto tap, it's got no kinks.

Isolater is fully open also

What system traditional or combi?

Sponsored Links
Show us a photo of your new tap please.

Also, fill a bucket at the hot bath tap, time it, calculate how many litres per minute it delivers.

Ok, so any photos of pipework underneath? Stopcock fully open? Did you install high/low pressure taps with a min pressure? Quarter turn taps?

Just text my wife to get a picture if she can...

IMG-20200209-WA0003.jpg

That kink looks worse than I thought tbh....

It can also lead to a split or burst (there is a thin plastic pipe inside the braided cover).

Thanks all, but it's just it flows out fine for the first minute or 2 and then starts playing up... if it was flexi would it not be a bad flow all the time?

Thanks all, but it's just it flows out fine for the first minute or 2 and then starts playing up... if it was flexi would it not be a bad flow all the time?

No, because there’s water already there. Sort flexi, problem sorted (y)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back