Bath tight to the wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

We have a bath that is mega tight to the wall and I need to replace the taps/shower mixer. Can anyone suggest any set that would be good to use in such a bath?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Most bath's are tight to the wall Alex, how does yours differ? Is the back of the tap super close to tiles or some other wall covering?

Sponsored Links
Picture please with the OH in the bath.

Ooh, difficult.

Due to the tiling and taps hole so close to each other, I doubt you can get a bath taps in as old one has swan neck.

Can you see if there is room under the taps for tap spanner to get in?

Why do you want to replace taps? Can it be overhaul and new washer and replace nice shower hose, head and rail to improve the look of it?

Daniel.

:eek: Oh jings...how did that happen? Is there like 4 layers of tiles on that wall? Not the easiest to replace those for sure...

You're going to have to get similar shaped pillars to really make any shower/mixer tap serviceable. What's the measurement between the centres of the pillars at bath level and does the main body of the tap detach from the pillars??

Or as Owain mentions, redo the wall, or remove the multi layered tiles and redo wall.

Thanks for the feedback. This is a bit complex for me and I'm sure I will just end up making mistakes. Someone should be coming around on Monday I will get them to have a look :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back