Bath waste pipe doesn't have a slope

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I've just installed a new bath whose outlet is lower than the previous due to a pop-up plug mechanism at the exit. Since Im currently using the same connector at the stack, my pipe is level in fact it is very slightly sloping back towards the bath.

What I don't understand and is worrying me, is that the bath empties without any problem! The bath itself is of course much higher than the waste pipe so maybe its something about gravity I don't understand.

I can't lift the bath up any higher on its feet so could I simply leave it like that? Working but certainly not 1:40 slope as per regs.

Sponsored Links
the bath will empty cos its higher than the pipework

the problem is without a slope the water does not fully clear and a build up of soap/hair scum could occur.

with a slope running the wrong way u'll get standing water in the pipe and that will accelarate the above.

having pointed out the above, u can choose the re-connect at the stack or leave it, as long as u have easy access to get to the pipework in the future, for when u need to clear it out

Sponsored Links
You may also find in winter is that the plastic waste pipe starts to split with the standing water in it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back