Bath waste puttied in

Sponsored Links
A sharp Stanley knife blade will cut through the silicone, on underside of bath around the wastes thread.
Once the large nut is removed off the waste ,the waste should push upward and off the bath.
The remaining silicone shouldn't be too difficult to peel off.
Again wouldn't put you if trying to change it? The trap was leaking rubber had perised. Can feel water on the threads of the bath waste though so is slightly leaking. there is movement in the waste i.e it will undo. Just worried they have put so much silicone on for a reason...

Waste goes in to a stack not a hopper so really needs to be a 75mm seal trap. Not the low seal one that's on.

Sponsored Links
At the moment it has a shallow one on it. I was going to swap for a deep seal mcapline anti vac trap.

I looks out from above

Attachments

• IMG20231223134843.jpg
    IMG20231223134843.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG20231223140343.jpg
    IMG20231223140343.jpg
    355.3 KB · Views: 35
You may struggle to get a 50mm trap with an anti vac in there, never mind a 75mm, the anti vac valve is on the top of the outlet so can foul on the underside of the bath unless the trap outlet comes out to the side

1703804655679.png

Yeah I'd have to alter the pipework with a couple of 45s to get that on

You may struggle to get a 50mm trap with an anti vac in there, never mind a 75mm, the anti vac valve is on the top of the outlet so can foul on the underside of the bath unless the trap outlet comes out to the side

View attachment 326876
That is 50mm seal?
It should really have one of these on as goes in to a stack

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back