Bath - what is the height to WASTE OUTLET?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Anybody know the height from the floor to the bottom of a standard bath?

i.e. where the plug hole is / trap is connected to.

I need to know 'cause I've got to work out if the waste from the bath will
have enough height/fall to be connected to soil pipe.

This is a bungalow with concrete floors.

Unfortunately, the soil pipe height is 230mm (9") to centre of pipe
(from floor to centre of pipe).

I've got this horrible feeling it's not going to work out.

I would measure my own bath, but it's at the bottom of a deep skip.

Cannot find this measurement on Google.

As it is, I've got to try and find a WC that has a 9" spigot.

Otherwise I've got to thick ply the whole area out.

Appreciate any help with this - thanks in advance.

Stephen

Sponsored Links
Your only chance wrt the WC is to use a wall hung set up or build the floor up, probably have to do the same with the bath waste (build up the floor).

Doubt you'll find a height for a bath waste anyway cause you set the height of the bath to fit either a bath panel or the waste and it will also depend on which trap you use (shallow seal or deep seal or even a shower trap).

Tony

:cry: Thanks Seco Services and Tonybhoy,

The old bath was in a room some distance from new bathroom.

It wasn't connected to a soil pipe. The waste runs under the property back to the sewer where the soil pipe goes into (bit of an odd arrangement).

I've swapped over the rooms, the old waste pipe for the old bath I'm now using for the washing machine waste.

It would be a long run to use the original waste outlet.

I suppose it's a long run - or expensive 18mm plywood.

Have you seen the price of plywood in B & Q - down here (south) it's criminal.

Thanks for your help.

Sponsored Links
even ply & tiling the floor won't bring you up enough for a joint into the soil pipe at 9" centre.

From what you have described it sounds as though the soil pipe goes through the wall and outside where presumably it connects to a vertical stack?

If this is the case can you not run a new waste through the wall to connect into the vertical stack at the correct height.

A general rough guide would be somewhere between 10-15cm from floor level to bottom of bath - this depends as it was mentioned earlier on the height of the bath panel etc :LOL:

Or is there a gully nearer that you could run the bath waste too?

You could always fitt a Sani-flow for the bath and bog, about £350 I think.

Hi Nige F

East Sussex is not just Bexhill where many elderly persons live in bungalow city.

We happen to live in a rural area, a stones throw from the best sandy beach in the south (45 min drive from Bexhill). We are not over the hill (yet).

Camber Sands ;) Gotta be going East - 45 mins following a Bexhillian and you`d be 10 miles out :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back