Bath won't drain even with new trap

You might get into the side of the plastic 110mm with a strap boss. That bath waste fitting could be changed for one that leaves the trap higher/nearer the bath bottom . Yeah I know it's also not to regs - but. the existing is soilvent welded together . You could incorporate a cleaning eye in the new bit ( and reach it easier) just stick a cap on the old end. Now think - would you rather a turd fly past you left to right or come straight at you front on . :ROFLMAO:

Sponsored Links
The plastic 110 is only a short 65mm make-up section and has a flexi mounted into it coming from the toilet.

Perhaps there's some sort of shield cast into the bath waste side of the cast.
It's common for the rough cast edge to collect hair etc and block.
Cut the pipework just after the swept bend and you may still have enough to solvent on a new bend.
Otherwise remove the 1 1/2 male coupling and take a look.

Sponsored Links
Decided to cut off solvent welded pipe. Unscrewed the remaining BSP adaptor from the stack (was seized and needed a Stillson wrench). A bast*** of a job as very little room. There was no valve, just a big wodge of tightly packed hair and other debris. The stack boss was constricted with solid matter which I'm assuming was limescale. Removed the deposits using a rotary wire brush, cleaned up and fitted new parts.
Used a McAlpine T31U adaptor (1 1/2 BSP to 40mm compression) to come back off the stack, added a couple of joints to the trap, job done.
My thanks to everyone in the forum who helped - cheers.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back