Bathroom advice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I've just moved into new house which is 7 years old and the bathroom needs updating it has painted walls which I think is just magnolia Matt emulsion which has peeled badly above the shower which I've scrapped off back to plaster so I now plan to tile have way and paint the top half and would appreciate advice on preparing the wall for this thanks for any replies

Sponsored Links
I would recommend where the shower is to tile at least above the shower rose/head.
Preparation for tiling would be to remove all flaky loose paint. I would then sand down areas to be tiled so a key can be formed, the walls will then require priming, then you can set out for tiling.
Flaky paint in bathroom/shower rooms can be a tell tail sign of condensation issues, so maybe worth investigating that!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back