Bathroom Ceiling extractor fan manufacturers

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
What is the favourite make of the pros here? Just been looking through screwfix and see a lot of Manrose stuff thats about half the price of xpelair and ventaxia- is it any good? Decided to replace the old knackered ceiling extractor in a 3m x 2.5m x2.5m en suite and was looking at the manrose centrifugal loft mount fan http://www.screwfix.com/prods/98482/Heating-Cooling/Ducting/Manrose-Centrifugal-32W-Bathroom-Fan

PS as none on screwfix mention ceiling mount fans i presume the wall mount ones will be ok to use if I changed my mind from the loft mount one?

Sponsored Links
You pays your money and take your choice. I have had Manrose fans last 10 years, I have had them fail after a year. Ditto with Vent Axia.
Those are for regular fans. I have had better reliability and power from centrifugal fans.

If you go for a loft (in line) fan then get a good powerful one. The cheaper ones are pants at pushing air much more than a couple of metres of ducting.

If you go for a ceiling mount fan then get one that specifies ceiling mount.
The bearings in wall mount ones aren't up to ceiling mount.

Cheers Taylortwocities. Looks like the Manrose centrifugal fan in the link it is then.

btw- The existing ducting was not even secured properly to the existing old fan and there must be about 5m of the stuff when the distance from ceiling hole to loft external wall vent is only 1m horizontally and vertically! No wonder the bloody bathroom was always so humid! Bloody Bryant electrical contractors!! :evil:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back