bathroom ceiling light - wiring in the attic

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Help
Had to change light in bathroom, checking the wiring in the attic, found the bathroom light was part of a curcuit from the landing light ok so far. Now the problem cable from landing light is one core cabel (black and earth) on further inspection this is how the landing light has been set up with a 2-way switch at the top and bottom of the stairs. The rest of the cables are 3-core.
Bathroom light works and landing light does not? How sould the wiring in the rose be set up?

Sponsored Links
lamps.gif

Thanks for that. Only problem there is only a one core cable from the other ceiling rose? If I knew how to draw it I would but my skills are not that good. I will try and explain it.
Ceiling rose on landing has 2 black wires each with an earth, one wire to the live (brown) one black wire to the Neutral (blue) these are the 2 wires to the ceiling bulb. Single black cable with eath from rose to bathroom rose this is live. Where should it connect to in bathroom ceiling rose?

you do not say where it is connected to in the landing ceiling rose

Sponsored Links
sorry to say but you said that you believe it is, if i tell you to put it with the neutrals and its not a neutral it will go bang, you need to know where it is connected to

thank you for the advise I will check the wiring and make sure I make a note

You can use purpose made Cable Ties to secure cables in the loft, will look a bit industrial though, but saves damaged plaster, or loosened roofing tiles, from hammering of cable clips etc.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back