Bathroom Ceiling light

Bas

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone advise:

Bathroom light on ceiling approx 2.4m high. Do I have to use a specifically designed light for bathrooms or can a normal pendant be used?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Bas said:
Can anyone advise:

Bathroom light on ceiling approx 2.4m high. Do I have to use a specifically designed light for bathrooms or can a normal pendant be used?

Thanks

never use a pandant. use a batten

thanks for the replies. Are pendant fittings against the regs for bathrooms? I'm going for part p and this bathroom may be one I will have inspected. I can't see the specific reg but I'm sure there is one!

Sponsored Links
Bas said:
thanks for the replies. Are pendant fittings against the regs for bathrooms? I'm going for part p and this bathroom may be one I will have inspected. I can't see the specific reg but I'm sure there is one!

yes. pendants are too low down for bathroom use

i think that is onnly 50% of the reason. lamp is on (gets hot) some one points shower at it ( for what ever rerason) glass explodes as its now cold, glass everywhere. it has to be suitable for use in a bathroom, remember the old "globe light" the globe protected the lamp from damp

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back