bathroom ceiling- which board

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi,

refitting the bathroom at the moment, for the walls i'm using siniat aqua panel as it'll be tiled directly onto, but for the ceiling i want to have this skimmed and painted.

siniat have recommended not to use their board where it needs plastering as the plaster wont adhere and is likely to fall off.

any thoughts from anyone as to how they've done it in a shower/bothroom area and how to avoid the mould/fungus growth

many thanks

Sponsored Links
Normal 12.5mm p/b with a skim.

An extractor fan for prevention of mould growth.

so providing you have an extractor fan and anti mould paint your ok using standard plaster board, ie no need for it to be moisture resistant?

thanks

Sponsored Links
If you have the opportunity to use moisture board as opposed to ordainary plasterboard , then use it ,The best way to keep condensation out of a bathroom is with plenty of ventilation so work out where you can put some "Vents" in to extract the steam or moist air. Do it while you are at this stage and you can forget about the problems you would have at a later stage.. ;)I wouldn't rely on "anti mould paint" do it properly and you can paint it with silk or matt emulsion....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back