Bathroom ceiling

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
got a few cracks in a lath and plaster ceiling in my bathroom the rest of the ceiling feels sound have thought about re boarding but the ceiling has a skiling (raked) in it. So question is can I just skim over the ceiling or should I re board if I re board how do I reinstate the curve and do I just taper the edges of the board wher the skiling is. If ok just to skim over the top what prep will it need as has previously been painted many thanks in advance .

Sponsored Links
Get a paint brush and paint some pva or sbr over the cracks (one at a time) and put some 4" fibre scrim tape over crack and brush some more pva/sbr over the tape to bed it in. Do this over all the cracks so that they are all covered with tape. Leave them to dry out (Overnight) ,Then when you are ready to skim the ceiling get a paint roller and roller the whole ceiling with pva/sbr and leave to go "tacky" , when tacky skim the ceiling....It might be an idea to put some tape over the joint of the skilling , I take it you mean that there is a small slope that angles into the wall.

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back