Bathroom Celling Prep & Painting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

We are going to be fitting tiles in our bathroom next month and I am starting to prep the room. Is it best to paint the celling before I tile the walls?

What am I best to use to cover up and fill some small dents in the celling no larger than a few inches but there is a few and we have a small hair line crack as well. Will normal filler be ok for use in bathroom for the dents and what about pressing some caulk into the hairline crack and will this be ok with the below primer.

Also has we had a small leak near the soil pipe over a year ago which is now ok and dry I was going to use alkali resisting primer on the whole celling then an oil based white bathroom paint as the final coat and maybe this will be matt not a shine finish.

Chris

Sponsored Links
Hi just fill and sand where needed with the crack you will need to open it up a little then fill. Fill twice if necessary use an oil based undercoat on stained areas and in all honestly would just go for a good Matt emulsion.

Sponsored Links
Go for a well known branded DIY one if you wish there is nothing wrong with it, use it often when clients supply the paint. Water a bit down to put over the filler first and let dry before doing the whole ceiling.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back