Painting Internal Celling Question?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

New to the forum here and this is my first post.

Myself and my partner have just got our first council flat and wanted some advice on painting the cellings. The council has removed all the old style polystyrene tiles from the celling in every room to have left the adisive and paint on the plaster so i have removed this in 2 rooms with a steamer and its now all off to leave the palster thats been up for sometime.
We forgot to coat the celling in the living room with anything before we painted and have put on 4 coats of white so far and all looks well. But i noticed today there was a little bubble in one location and me being myself i touched it to find i had split the paint in that are and about 3" came away from the roof. How long will the paint last on a celling like this.

In the bedroom i did the same but this time watered down some PVA and painted this on the celling first. Is PvA the best thing to do onto a celling before painting as we are due to paint the celling in the beroom next few days and dont want it to bubble.

We are also on a tight budget due to being out of work so do not have much money for buying products at the minute.

Any advice will be great as i am worried the paint on all the cellings i am painting wont fix after spending all this hard work on it for last 2 weeks.

Thanks
Chris

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back