Bathroom Cold Tap on Mains OR from Header tank

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
Just planning a refit of my bathroom. Coud someone help me please.

The shower Hot & Cold are from the vented hotwater cylinder & header tank, so all at same pressure and OK.

Should the cold water sink tap be conneted to the cold mains or cold feed from header tank? Is there a WRAS/Authority requirement to do either? If its connected to the header tank, is that considered to be drinking water standard?

Tks

Sponsored Links
It makes more sense to have the hot and cold bathroom basin taps from the same source - in your case from the CW cistern/cylinder.

Stored water from the cistern is not drinking water

If you want drinking water then you will need to connect the cold tap to the main

I am not a plumber but in all the houses I have lived so far, the cold basin tap in the bathroom has been connected to the mains. I checked to make sure it is drinking water. Sorry if anybody feels offended but the alternative looks to me sooooo old fashioned.

Sponsored Links
You say cold water tap so i take it it's not a mixer tap but a single one? If that is the case then take your feed for it from the mains.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back