Bathroom Door

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is there any reason why a bathroom door should be narrower than the other doors in my flat?

The other doors are around the standard 76cm wide whilst the bathroom is around 70cm wide.

Is there a reason for this as I am moving the door anyway and am planning to put a new 76cm door back?

Cheers

Sponsored Links
I think there must be, arront. All my doors are about 760mm but the bathroom is 680mm.

Being the idiot that I am I hadn't noticed this when I recently replaced all the doors in the flat. I had to cut the bathrom door down far more than the recommended 5mm per side. I got around it by over cutting and adding a strip of hemlock to either edge. Once painted there should be no difference.

I hope!

The reason for this is,the bathroom begin the smallest room the door don't hit the WC or bath and easy for a person to get in and out.Think about if the door will hit anything before you put in a bigger door.

Sponsored Links
for what its worth, we found out that the bathroom door is smaller than the others the hard way.......any one need a door (but you do not notice it if you look)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back