Bathroom Downlighter silicone ring

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all,

First post - been driving myself potty.

Replacing the 12v halogens in my bathroom, noticed the silicone ring / moisture seals have started to perish, and some have even snapped.

Try as I might, can’t find anywhere to buy them - guessing that without them, moisture could get into fitting and cause problems….?

They are bathroom rated ones, but want to be safe.

My second question is a little bit bizarre - have ceiling fans with gu10 halogens, like spotlights you can angle and move, however the bulbs touch the sides of the housing as it’s quite a snug fitting - so they rattle when the fan is spinning. Just replaced with Philips leds, so want something to put around the edge of the bulb, bit like the silicone seal above but a bit thicker, so it helps stop the rattle.

Can anyone help ?

Next question will be on 12v halogens to leds and transformers, but that’s for another day - one step at a time lol

Thanks for any ideas!

Sponsored Links
If you know the manufacturer, ring them and ask nicely and maybe they will stuff some in an envelope for you.

Next question will be on 12v halogens to leds and transformers, but that’s for another day - one step at a time lol

Thanks for any ideas!

Well when another day comes just change them to 240v LEDs with new fittings. No advantage in using 12 v.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back