LED Downlighters to replace LV Halogen

:oops: BAS is spoton these LED builbs are just to try bring cost down alot but there is better lighting out there if you look around. As for me and the OP these LEDs are great :)

Sponsored Links
Thanks all for the advice and suggestions.

It does seem smarter changing them to GU10's than new transformers all round. In fact that ebay site sells lampholders and bulbs as a package for less than the cost of bulb + driver so definitely worth exploring further.

I inherited the lighting set up we've got and agree with the position BAS has that its not really a sensible way to go about lighting a whole room. However it is effective, (though not efficient), in that the room is very bright and aesthetically its fine. My issue is the cost of the damn things. The problem I've got in trying to change the set up is that the roof is now full of holes. To get in a plasterer and then paint the ceiling is a further cost and more importantly hassle that I'm not keen to take on so for now the plan is to reduce the running cost by changing to something more energy efficient.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back