Bathroom downlighters

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Looking to change two downlighters in my daughters bathroom.

Not sure what ceiling height is, but I can't touch it without steps so 8ft or more.

It would appear that the ceiling is outside zones if over 2.25m (7' 5") and as such no restriction on what she fits.

It is a flat on the first floor (her roof void above) and don't think it has covers over the existing.

Are we limited to something like this

http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/FRSH01CBR.html

Or does the height mean that we do not need to worry about the IP rating?

Sponsored Links
For a start you dont need anything fire rated. The ceiling is not a fire barrier.

You'll still need to fit a waterproof fitting though, if it's close to the bath or shower.

Is your ceiling made of plasterboard, or is it made from timber or laths? Fire rated fittings can be used in flammable materials like this if they have the F symbol. You will be limited to 35W lamps probably.

Sponsored Links
Ceiling is plasterboad and it has 2 feeble downlighters at the moment - off white and they look odd against a white ceiling.

The zone pictures I have seen don't seem to cover the ceiling!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back