Bathroom Electrics

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Gonna get a spark to tick the boxes for me, but can someone just let me know if my thinking is correct.

1. From upstairs sockets or lights ring ...
2. ... I can install a 30ma RCD somewhere upstairs that's accessible and outside of bathroom.
3. From new 30ma RCD, feed underfloor heating and electric shower in bathroom ...
4. ... with isolation switch out of zone 1

TIA

Sponsored Links
The only place you can feed an electric shower from is from a dedicated circuit from the DB. Its not a case of picking up from other circuit.

or underfloor heating, its likely the amount in the bathroom will be small enough to be off a spur on the upstairs ring, however if a route is having to be found for a new shower circuit, then it may well prove easier to have a dedicated cirucit for the UFL as well.

If you don't currently have RCD protection then very likely you are going to need a DB change, or a second DB alongside the existing one

Switch has to be outside the zones, not just outside Z1.

Do you mean shower pump?

Would not put these loads on a lighting circuit.

Gonna get a spark to tick the boxes for me, but can someone just let me know if my thinking is correct.
interesting
1. From upstairs sockets or lights ring ...
carry on....
2. ... I can install a 30ma RCD somewhere upstairs that's accessible and outside of bathroom.
you could
3. From new 30ma RCD, feed underfloor heating and electric shower in bathroom ...
not for an electrical shower you can't and not ideally for UFH of a lighting circuit either the load would need to be calculated and the fuse rating to be right.
4. ... with isolation switch out of zone 1
outside the zones would be best place.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back