Bathroom Extraction Fan

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good Evening All,

I'm just in the middle of re-doing my bathroom due to a recent bedroom extension. (the fan did go on the outside wall but that is now my 4th bedroom!) The roof above is flat and I really don't want unsightly ducting in the bathroom. Anyway, I was wondering I may have room if I go through the roof and use the rectangular ducting to find a root outside. I'm guessing I can just buy something that will angle the joint from the back of the fan at 90 degrees from 100mm to rectangle? Also I thought buying a fan was easy but I have just been advised that as I am now wanting to go through ducting, a centrifugle fan would be required.

I could get to an outside wall in the bathroom but it will be the opposite wall to where the shower will be so I was hoping to put the fan in the roof above the shower enclosure.

Thanks for your time.

Sponsored Links
Thanks flame. I was looking at coming straight out of the flat roof but my concerns were I had this roof replaced last year and is now a GRP flat roof. How would you cut it without it cracking and how would you seal it from the elements? Surely not just silicone?

Sponsored Links
Thanks flame. I was looking at coming straight out of the flat roof but my concerns were I had this roof replaced last year and is now a GRP flat roof. How would you cut it without it cracking and how would you seal it from the elements? Surely not just silicone?

Go through the roof!
It's done all the time and there are plenty of ways to make it watertight.

Core cut/hole saw through and use a roof slate with a rubber grommet to push the pipe through. Slate against grp bonded with sikaflex EBT and painted over the top with flexacryil or other paint on roofing compound.

I have three such installations in my flat roof... Boiler flue, shower room extractor and cooker hood extractor - been watertight for years (y)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back