Bathroom Extractor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a customer who wants their bathroom lights on a dimmer which is giving me a challenge with the extractor.

Is there an easy solution to be able to wire in an extractor without a separate external pull switch as the dimmer drops the fan speed when operated.

I was looking at a 'Manrose 1361 Remote Humidistat' however it still needs a switched feed which would mean adding a separate switch.

What harm would it do wiring it into the lighting circuit even though it's on a dimmer as they would only dim the lights when in the bath and not when using the shower?

Sponsored Links
You need a fan with a timer. Permanent Live, Neutral, and Earth connected as normal, timer switch line through the dimmer. The fan runs off the permanent Live, the switch line just tells it to come on and often doesn't need much voltage to do so. You do need to make sure you buy a dimmer switch which has a hard off though, electronic types often let enough voltage through to keep the fan running permanently.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back