Bathroom Fan and Dimmer

Cheers everyone, I never realised that a dimmer switch and fan combo would cause such a heated discussion!!! :)

In answer to some of the questions;

- The dimmer will be on the wall outside the bathroom

- I personally hate cord pulls so this is why I want to get rid

- I want to be able to dim the lights as I have a bright light intolerace which can result in migraines, but on the other hand I have a wife that likes bright lights in the bathroom when using the mirror.

I will be going in the lot this weekend so will investigate exactly how the wiring has been done!!

Cheers

Sponsored Links
breezer said:
ban-all-sheds said:
I've never looked at the blurb - it does indeed say it's suitable for when you have a fan.

It's this one: http://www.dimpull.co.uk/ - contact the makers and find out exactly how it works.

you forget, the origonal, poster has realised that the dimmer will "dim the fan" which is not what they want
That's why I suggested speaking to the manufacturer. Not many people would want to dim the fan, so I think there's a fair chance that what they mean by "suitable for when you have a fan" is that it's got an undimmed switched output for a fan. Wouldn't be rocket science to make a dimmer that did that......

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back