Bathroom fan - lack of power on delay/timer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I am hoping for some advise. I have a bathroom fan that switches on with the light switch and has a delay of 1-2 mins. Since last couple of weeks the fan seems to loose some power when the light is switched off and becomes loud like its struggling to rotate. This only happens during the delay period.

As I'm no electrician therefore could someone kindly point me in the right direction on what could be at fault.

I have prepared a quick youtube video to show the issue:

Many thanks for any support.

Sponsored Links
Very odd.

The way fans like that (should) work is that they have a permanent live supply, which is what drives it all the time it's running, and the switched live from the light is just a trigger to turn on.

Have you done anything to the wiring, or the light, in the last couple of weeks?

Hello ban-all-sheds,

No, I have not done any work recently.

There are two more things I have also noticed, perhaps unrelated:

1. The bathroom light has started flickering a bit, I first thought it might be the bulb, however replacing it did not help.

2. When the bathroom light is being switched off, I loose my tv picture for a split second. Most likely its the satellite receiver rather the tv itself.

Maybe the above info would provide some clues...

Thanks.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back