Bathroom Fan

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
After noticing my bathroom fan was not doing a great job, I noticed that there is no outside vent for the damp air to escape. It simply funnels into the wall between the bricks!
Now I'm no expert, but that's got to be a problem right?
Is there any situation where this would be acceptable or do I need to get someone in ASAP to fix this?
Thanks for any advice!
Dave

Sponsored Links
You could buy or hire a core drill to go through the exterior skin. The core bit can be purchased for about 30 quid, and whilst not ideal a cheap (£50) large SDS drill (4Kg and upwards) will be more than enough to drill through softer bricks. additionally you may need a suitably sized drill bit to predrill the hole for the centre pin on the diamond core bit. BTW do not use hammer action on the drill when using the diamond core.

You can then sell the core bit and keep or sell the drill.

Just make sure that there is an isolating point for the fan before you disconnect it, and then check to make sure that the isolating point does indeed isolate the fan.

After drilling the hole you will need some ducting and an exterior shutter.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back