Bathroom floorboards

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I'm in the process of laying new 18mm T&G floorboards in the bathroom of a 90 year old house. Because of the movement over the years nothing is level therefore I am laying 9mm ply first to take it back to fairly even I am also using this ply to stop any water running below (Is this ok) and does anyone know any tips on trying to seal the joints :idea:

Sponsored Links
Just another note on this..... Do I need to wait a for the new boards to bed in? If so how long? Or is it ok to install the bath and seal it more or less straight away?

not a joiner but the T/G should stop any puddles /drops of water getting under if wiped up ,

Why put two layers down? You could put 18mm WBP ply and leave it at that.

Sponsored Links
Thanks guys
John there will be no carpet therefore ply would look ugly. By the way any tips on stopping it creaking. :confused: Now that its down it's staying down but there a few creaks, will this stop in time?

Just a thought, but did you nail or screw it down?, when I've had any creaking boards I've screwed them down rather than nailed, worked a treat !!!! :D

I screwed them down 6 screws across 3 joists and one hidden screw on a forth joist.
The wood seems very soft aswell, could this be the issue? :!:

nowtaboutnowt said:
John there will be no carpet therefore ply would look ugly....

OK then, just the 18mm floorboards. Plenty of houses built before the invention of weetabix flooring have that.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back