Bathroom layout suggestion

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks for taking the time to look.

im looking at a new bathroom layout and looking for input.
this is our current layout with the shower being a small cubicle

73513348-B7CB-460F-A754-B4255DBB0E79.jpeg

and this is the proposed layout with the addition of the bath w/ freestanding taps as well as a 'wetroom' style shower with tiled shower tray.
53A4D2F5-042F-456A-A5FB-C3B0E77C8664.jpeg

with the red line being the waste - our joists run door to toilet, theyre at around 450 centres and size wise ive measured 6"x3" so it could be run up to the chimney breast but I'm just wondering if anyone had ideas on getting around that to the stack thats outside

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Move the sink to left and swap the shower with the toilet. its going to look very strange having the shower next to the bath in a line.

Move the sink to left and swap the shower with the toilet. its going to look very strange having the shower next to the bath in a line.

Thank you for your reply... i apologise for the lack of info on my OP as i was half asleep last night when i made this i have updated it with a little more info (y)

Thats a good layout if my shower tray will fit as it would break the room up as well a bit... i will get the tape out and see if i could fit it that way

When layouts can be problematic, it can help to create a visualisation - try SketchUp if you like computers, or some folded up pieces of paper, drawn to scale; and play around with the arrangement to your heart's content! :)

Sponsored Links
Thank you all for your responses!

something similar to this
View attachment 290407
This is actually a nice layout... our shower tray is a little big to fit in the gap between the wall and the door however we could always return it for a narrow one that would fit

Is there a window? Or did I miss that bit?
There is a window which i missed out... its in the small alcove at the back where the current toilet is and our proposed taps will be
The Victoria Plumbing design tool woks OK albeit a little clunky eg

View attachment 290408

with additional facilities for Sir!
I will have a look at this, it looks a little more user friendly than Sketchup
I'm sure "madam" will object to urinal splashes going in the bath :D
Hahah especially if shes in it :LOL:

With some limitations this is how it would look... the shower wouldnt be a cubicle it would just be a tiled tray with a glass screen between the shower and sink... the alcove isnt as deep as in the picture but VP wouldnt let me do it any narrower

1672314396486.png

Hmm, gotta say I'm not keen on that layout, all ass about face. Fancy baths are all well and good but annoying and hard to reach gaps and spaces behind, especially if you or any future occupants have kids who generally splash water everywhere and the window will be hard to reach too surely, especially as the missus will want to pull the blind down or whatever anytime the bath is in use but each to their own.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back