New Bathroom Layout. Any thoughts?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm stripping out my recent purchase of a 1960's style house. I'm replacing the whole bathroom on first floor with new everything inc tiling going in.

I've had a complete new central heating system installed by British Gas already, with a Worcester combi boiler. This is in a cupboard next to the bathroom, accessed from the landin.

I want to replace the bath, toilet & sink with new, plus add a shower and this requires a layout rejig. A plumber will do the install but i'm seeking your opinions before starting out. I've drawn the current layout and the proposed as below. The water pipes all run under the floorboards next to the outside wall at the top of the drawing (window wall) with feeds marked by dark 'X's.

1 Does is matter how far the shower is from the boiler re shower pressure?
2 Can the bath, toilet & sink be fed by water pipes under the floorboards and the shower via the loft?
3 I have about 1.0 bar water pressure. Is this sufficient for for a rain head shower?
Any other thoughts or observations welcome. Many thanks for your time.
img032.jpg

Sponsored Links
1) In practical terms - not an issue
2) Yes - make sure you lag the loft pipework
3) Pressure is not the primary issue - flowrate is. Have a look at the flow rate through the boiler and the demands of whatever rain-head you plan to fit.

The only other observations are:

a) How do you plan to run the wastes from the shower & basin? - will the joist directions work in your favour (they probably do)
b) You don't have sinks in bathrooms - you have basins (yes, they are different!)

Many thanks. The joists run top to bottom in the drawing so the waste pipes will run between joists. Hopefully there's enough run/pitch.
Sink / basins lol. You know what I mean ;)
How do I find the boiler flow rate? Is it always the same for that model if I google it?

Sponsored Links
Not sure about your particular boiler but the Vokera combi we had in our old flat had a pretty poor flow rate, plus when someone turned on another tap it split the flow. I certainly would not have ran a shower from it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back