Bathroom led recessed lights spacing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi to everybody on the DIY forum, my name is Wayne I'm new to this forum and would be very grateful if someone can help me. I've just purchased some of these light JCC JC94254 BRUSHED NICKEL

IP65 BATHROOM RATED DOWNLIGHT

FIRE RATED

COMES COMPLETE WITH THE PHILIPS MLED 7 WATT GU10 LED LAMP COOLWHITE

40,000 HOUR LAMP LIFE

GU10 CAP
Has anyone fitted these at all and if so how much spacing is between each light? My bathroom is 1.8 x2.9. I've bought 6 but was only planning to use 5 in the space I have please see below a bathroom plan I have tried doing. I was gonna place two above a 750x1700 bath then three more down the same wall where the toilet,sink and window is. The sixth light could come into play if required. Can someone advise

Sponsored Links
I would advise taking them back if you can (or using eBay if you can't), and buying something actually designed to light up rooms. The ones you have bought aren't just not designed to do that - worse, they are specifically designed to not do it, which is why you need so many in such a small room.

They will be horrible on the eyes of anybody lying in the bath, and depending on what's above the bathroom ceiling they will be a lot of work/nightmare/impossible to install properly.

I did get them off e-bay. The whole bathroom is being ripped out including the ceiling so not got any worries with that issue, just was after a spacing from each light. So say they centre over the bath witch would mean 375mm. But how far from the other wall do I also do that at the same measurement?

your plan looks ok but with those fittings I would be installing anoth three down the middle

Sponsored Links
I was going to central the lights down the middle of bath which would mean they come out to 375 and come away from the other wall at 400 then a 900 gap, another light then that leaves 400 gap at the wall. Wot space is require for the next line?

The spacings look ok to me (subject to there being no Ceiling Spars in the way )

Seeing you have "spare" one I`d fit in between the end Bath point and the Toilet

I retrofited 9 Led Downlights in a Kitchen recently bought by a Customer (!) from s-Fix they were the Sylvania 7.5watt , and I must say the Light output was comparable with the Halogen Lamps , they give off a White Light imo , rather than a Yellowy Light off a Mains Halogen Lamp.

Lucky

Would I be just as well fitting four down the window wall they would work out about 580mm between fittings then the other two over the bath spaces almost the same distance?

Yes that will work , subject to where the Celing Spars are , try get one directly over the Washbasin though

Lucky

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back