Bathroom light fell out of the ceiling. Can I fix this myself?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I don't know much about these things, so apologies in advance for vague terms or if I'm misunderstanding the situation.

I was trying to change the light in my bathroom and accidentally ripped the thing out of the ceiling. I opened up the lamp in an attempt to screw it back into place, but it seems the holes widened when the light fell out. So far I haven't been able to find out what I should be doing, or what can be done without calling someone. Pics are the underside of the light, the fallen light itself, and what it should look like. Would like to take care of this ASAP so I don't get mold up there, so any advice is appreciated.

Attachments

• Snapchat-1249417463.jpg
    Snapchat-1249417463.jpg
    159.6 KB · Views: 63
  • Snapchat-131880199.jpg
    Snapchat-131880199.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 72
  • Snapchat-175929231.jpg
    Snapchat-175929231.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 62
Sponsored Links
Two or Three 5mm Spring toggles would hold the base back up, as for the wiring part hard to tell but be carefull as may be Live still even with the light switch off.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back