Bathroom light-fitting spots.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can you place a spotlight light-fitting in zone 3 of a bathroom. As you see zone 1 and 2 lights but not 3 (not as much anyway).

Bazdaa

Sponsored Links
If jets of water are likely to be used for cleaning (unlikely on the bathroom ceiling in your house!) then IPX5

Otherwise, whatever you install in zone 3 just has to be suitable for the conditions that are likely to occur where it is installed (which is a general requirement in the regs for anything anywhere anyway), slightly vague, but quite a few things in the regs are

Bazdaa said:
Can you place a spotlight light-fitting in zone 3 of a bathroom. As you see zone 1 and 2 lights but not 3 (not as much anyway).
Given that the requirements become less onerous as the zone number increases, if a light is suitable for Zone 1 then it must be OK for Zone 2 or 3.....

Sponsored Links
Bazdaa said:

Bazdaa

This one!

Bazdaa

OK, you know the distance is 0.6 metres from the end of zone 1 to the end of zone 2. Does that mean that any part of the light fitting must be in zone 2 or just the central housing section?

Bazdaa

Sorry I meant not be in Zone 2.
Now if zone 1 is general use, then why can the unit not go into zone 1.

Bazdaa

It all Depends on the IP rating and Voltage of the light you want to install..

(broken link i'll find a new one)

Bazdaa said:
Sorry I meant not be in Zone 2.
Frankly I no longer care to try and wade through all your "no what I meant" corrections to try and work out what you mean.

Now if zone 1 is general use, then why can the unit not go into zone 1.
But I think your understanding of which zone is which might be AAF.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back