Light fittings in a bathroom. What can be used?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Id like to price things up before I make any sort of decision about what I want.

What sort of single standard light fitting can be used in a bathroom in Zone 2, Zone 3 and outside the zones? Can a standard batten lamp holder be used or does it have to be a special light fitting?

If I want spot lights in my bathroom, do they have to be special spot lights? Do they have to be SELV or PELV lights? These would probably fall into Zone 2, 3, outside the zones and a slight possibility of going into Zone 1 but maybe not

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Thanks, if it is to go in Zone 3 which is the bit above Zone 2, is it allowed to be a standard plastic batten lamp holder? Could this be used as a temporary fitting but still be within the BS7671 regs?

Ive found this on screwfix:
http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat/pro.jsp?id=12155&ts=73101

Its IP20 and says it’s a bathroom light for zone 3. I assume this is a suitable fitting, but can a standard plastic batten lamp holder actually be used (even if its not the best thing to use) and does the light actually have to be IP rated?

Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back