Bathroom Light Switch - Relocation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Currently, the bathroom light switch is outside the bathroom's wall. I want to relocate it to inside the bathroom and change to Pull Switch.

It's also linked to an Extractor Fan so it runs when the switch is on.

Any reasons for me NOT to do this?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
I want to relocate it to inside the bathroom and change to Pull Switch
It doesnt necessarily need to be a pull switch. A standard wall-mounted light switch is OK if outside the bathroom zones (essentially more than 600mm from edge of shower/bath.)

It doesnt necessarily need to be a pull switch. A standard wall-mounted light switch is OK if outside the bathroom zones (essentially more than 600mm from edge of shower/bath.)

Yeah, but I have kids so I would rather play it safe and use the pull light switch. :)

Sponsored Links
Other options include a PIR inside the bathroom to turn the light on. No need to worry about dirty fingerprints or people tugging too hard on the cable. Downside- if you need to get rid off a very hot curry, you may need to wave your arms to turn the light back on if the exorcism is longer than the auto timeout on the PIR. Upside- you don't need to worry about people forgetting to turn the light off.

I have a TapTile in my upstairs bathroom. Behind a tile there is a small postage stamp sized sensor that detects the EM field from my hand when I touch the tile. Unfortunately, they seem to have gone bust years ago.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back