Bathroom light swith

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. Just wondered if anyone could help with a simple question I have. I'm fitting a shower into my bathroom which has a glass cubical, but my current light switch cord is hanging right next to where the shower is to be placed. I don't want to move the location of the switch as it is the only place it can really be, but am concerned that if i leave a pull cord switch in it will constantly be banging against the glass shower cubical every time it is switched on and off. My question is, is there a building reg that states that you have to have a pull cord in a bathroom or can i fit a wall mounted switch. If so it's an easy fix but just wanted to check as I've never seen a wall mounted switch in a bathroom before. I guess if it's not allowed, a wall mounted switch on the outside of the bathroom (the hall-way) is the other alternative. Any help would be much appreciated. Many Thanks...

Sponsored Links
It is possible to put a wll switch in a bathroom but it has to be outide of a particular zone. Also, if you did it, you would have to go thru the Building Regs Part P malarky as it is electrical work in a bathroom.

I would recommend you reposition the switch on the wall outside the bathroom - no problems re bathroom zones and no Part p to worry about. :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back